Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island Safe Kids
Join CW28 for our Safe Kids Event Saturday, September 29 from 9am-12pm at Wendy's in Providence, presented by Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island. Child car seat safety check, health tips, prizes and more!
Safe Kids Event
Saturday, September 29
731 Eddy Street
* Check your child safety seats with technicians from RI Hospital's Child Injury Prevention Center
* Neighborhood Health Plan officials will be there to answer questions
* RI Freemasons will be on hand with their Child Identification Program
* New England Ambulance EMT`s will be showing off CPR and safety tips for parents and kids
* Spin the CW28 Prize Wheel for great prizes * We`ll be giving away youth car seats to those in need
It's all about child safety, in the car, at home, at play.
Did You Know?
Under new Rhode Island law, all children should be properly restrained in the rear of the vehicle if they are 8 years old or under, less than 4 feet 9 inches, or weigh less than 80 pounds. A booster seat is typically recommended for children who are 4 to 8 years old or who weigh at least 40 pounds and are up to 4 feet 9 inches tall. Remember: Children should remain in the rear of the vehicle for as long as possible, or at least until 13 years old.
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, an innovative health plan in partnership with the Community Health Centers, secures access to high quality, cost-effective health care for Rhode Island's at-risk populations.